Friday 7 May 2010

It takes two

K and me have been divorced since 1991, but her moving to my part of town made us realise we really enjoy each others company and since then we have met a lot. Movies, theatre, art exhitions, rock concerts, eating at fancy restaurants, drinking in pubs, sunday dinners with the family, easter and christmas gatherings, a quiet evening in front of the DVD with a bottle of Chablis and Tarantino, walks in the woods, biketrips with a picnic, a late night swim in a lake, friends birthdays... It sounds sickeningly like a romcom, and friends now invite us to weddings and other social functions together because they see us as a couple. I guess most people would agree that this is love.
But me and K have stayed away from the concept of romantic love and sex. Somehow, we didn´t want to fall into that trap. And of course i have told K about my fetischism. She doesn´t mind.
In her own words, "go for it".

But i digress. What i wanted to tell you about happened last week. I had accidentally ordered a pair of stockings that were the wrong size. K showed me her new Bettie Page bullet-bra she was wearing and i then suggested she go for a pair of matching stockings and showed her my new purchase. She looked at the red seamed nonstretch stockings and said they were lovely, but didn´t she need a suspenderbelt?
Of course i was ready ti give her a suspenderbelt ( i have plenty) " Oh yes, there is one that is not my size... You know, shopping on the net is difficult".
Her reply was that i should go to a shop and try the clothes before purchasing, but i explained to her that trying on ladies underwear was not so easy when you are male.
" Well, why don´t you go shopping with me then?"
That was one of the kindest things ever said to me.


No comments: